Friday, January 29, 2010

Go out and share, less money and calories, but a lot more fun.

Last night I met my friend Stacy for Happy Hour in downtown Seattle. We first met at the 75th Floor of the Columbia Tower for happy hour. There was promised to be some good free food, and if you like mini pork ribs, this is the place for you. I however was in the mood for cow and not pig.

For some reason I had a real craving for cheeseburger and french fries. Now I must admit, as a kid these cravings came often, now just every once in a while, but when they come, they are strong and McDonald's just wont do. My friend who is always up for meat, her words not mine, said let's go to a steak house. The financial renewest (my label for being broke and looking on the bright side) in me began to freak out, who can afford a steak house in this economy? Especially McCormick and Schmidt or Metropolitan Grill. Then she said no, we will share and it will be plenty. I forget, she is on the thrifty side of life too.....

So we went to Daily Grill in downtown Seattle. For $13.00 I had a terrific burger, salad and french fries, that even included the tip. The Daily Grill even split our food onto separate plates so it didn't even feel like sharing. I got my craving complete, my friend time in and my wallet felt secure. What a great deal.

1 comment: